11.15.2006

Dreamgirls is a NIGHTMARE

The great folks at Paramount Pictures invited Hollyhoodbuzz to a PRIVATE invitation only screening of "Dreamgirls" starring Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Hudson, Anika Noni Rose, Jamie Foxx, and Eddie Murphy.

I left feeling very disappointed. Thank God for Eddie Murphy's comic relief and Jennifer Hudson's beautiful voice. Long story short, this script would have made a great After School Special or even a good made-for-tv movie. If anyone thinks they are getting an Oscar for this movie, they are sadly mistaken. Beyonce should NEVER share a stage with Jennifer Hudson, EVER! Jennifer's voice is amazing, making Beyonce's best performance look quite mediocre.

Hindsight is 20/20, now I realize I should have stayed my butt at home to watch the BET Hip Hop awards!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would have at least told us why you thought the movie was so bad, I may have believed your little "Review".However, because you only chose to insult Beyonce in order to praise Jennifer, I can only assume you are a Beyonce hater and thus your words mean nothing.

12:58 AM  
Blogger MissPR said...

I believe I said the script was terrible. Translation: No character development, lots of holes in the story, and I'm glad I didn't pay to see it. I'm not a Beyonce fan, or a Beyonce hater. I'm just not a Beyonce groupie like you. Holla at me after you see Nightmaregirls.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I respect your opinion. There are a lot of other reviews out there today that says the movie was wonderful. Yours was one that has a different wiew. But then to each his own. I persoanlly can't wait to see it!!!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger MissPR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Check me out!
online
Company, Business and Corporate Logo.
Company Logo Listed on BlogShares
Search Popdex:
eXTReMe Tracker