10.02.2005

Tyra Fired Janice Dickinson from Top Model


After watching the first two installments of the new season of America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Hollyhood isn't very impressed. The girls are ok, but there's no one that stands out like Eva the Diva. And although we love the addition of Ms. Jay as a judge, we just can't get past the obvious void. Something is definitely missing.

Love her or hate her, Janice Dickinson brought something special to ANTM and that is undeniable. Her replacement, a former supermodel named Twiggy, doesn't even come close to filling Janice's shoes. Janice was to ANTM what Simon Cowell is to American Idol: That harsh, and oftentimes exaggerated, voice of reality. The show just isn't the same without her.

In an interesting twist, Janice recently revealed that she didn't walk away from ANTM for the Surreal Life. According to Janice, Tyra fired her. Janice recently talked to Radar Magazine about the issue. Read on for details...

JANICE DICKINSON: 'I WAS FIRED FROM TYRA BANKS' SHOW'

Former supermodel JANICE DICKINSON has declared she was fired from her role as a judge on TYRA BANKS' AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, shooting down claims she walked away from the reality show.

Earlier this year (05), it had been announced that British beauty TWIGGY would be replacing tough-talking Dickinson, who fans believed had left the show to star in the latest season of the hit reality series THE SURREAL LIFE.
But Dickinson now explains to Radar magazine, "I got fired. At first it was a trip. I believed in the show and it was fun. But after a few episodes I began getting labelled a bitch, and that got to me.

"I was just telling the truth and I was saving these girls from going out there and being told that they're too short, too fat, their skin's not good enough. I was to America's Next Top Model what SIMON COWELL is to AMERICAN IDOL.
"I'd rather be an honest bitch than some a*s-kissing, sugar-coating, namby-pamby, wiping-a*s motherf**ker. I made the show number one in 52 countries. And then I got the sack, and the UPN executives replaced me with Twiggy. No one in America knows who Twiggy is. There's no way anyone could fill my shoes. There's no way."
She adds of her former colleague, "Tyra's no walk in the park. Tyra's really righteous."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Dude, I (an american) love Twiggy. Janice always seemed like a bit of a wreck. Jay drives me bonkers, but I really love Nigel and Twiggy.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Check me out!
online
Company, Business and Corporate Logo.
Company Logo Listed on BlogShares
Search Popdex:
eXTReMe Tracker