7.01.2006

PETA Wants Jay-Z Next

After successully ambushing Beyonce, the folks over at PETA want to "Holla at" Bouncy's boyfriend Jay-Z. Sounds like they want him to boycott fur like he's boycotting Cristal.


June 30, 2006
Holla at me Jigga!
An open letter to Mr. Shawn Carter aka Jay-Z,

Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Ain Drew, and I run PETAWorld, the division of PETA reaching out to the hip-hop community and encouraging heads to show love for animals. Please give me a chance to set the record straight and hopefully find some common ground so we can create a dialogue on the issue of fur in hip-hop.
As you know, PETA recently won an auction to dine with Beyonce Knowles, and during dinner we questioned her about the use of fur in her clothing line House of Dereon. I overheard your comments on CNN Showbiz Tonight, when you said that even though our "tactics are lacking in sensitivity," you believe that we have "a noble and good cause." Point taken. But what you may not realize is that we have tried over and over again to contact both Beyonce and House of Dereon about the horrible way animals are treated when killed for their fur, and we haven't gotten so much as a hit back. We thought this might be a way to get her ear.
Keep reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Check me out!
online
Company, Business and Corporate Logo.
Company Logo Listed on BlogShares
Search Popdex:
eXTReMe Tracker